Treat and reduce acne scars, rosacea, wrinkles, enlarged pores, uneven skin texture and pigmentation with skin resurfacing. Fractional skin resurfacing utilizes finely tipped pins that emit radio frequency energy to ablate fine tissue and create tiny microchannels into the skin. This stimulates your body’s healing response and new collagen formation. This non-invasive treatment creates a smoother, younger complexion.
Are you a candidate?
There are some factors to consider making sure skin resurfacing is right for you.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Medical History
- No sun exposure longer than 30 minutes for 2 weeks prior to and after your treatment
- Must be off Accutane for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be off any medications that might make you sensitive to light (Antibiotics, NSAIDs, etc.)
- Avoid retinol/retin-A or glycolic acid one to two weeks prior to treatment
- No metal implants in the treatment area
There is very little downtime. You will have some redness and a small amount of swelling immediately after the treatment. Redness may last anywhere from 4-7 days, but make-up can be applied after 24 hours of your treatment time. Any targeted areas may become darker as the healing process pushes the pigment up to the surface. You may also have some peeling after 3-4 days. This can vary patient to patient. Make sure to avoid any exfoliation or scrubs and avoid picking at any scabs. Maximum results are seen after 4 weeks.
Does this hurt?
We apply a topical numbing agent 30 minutes prior to the treatment. There is minimal discomfort during the treatment, most will describe it as feeling a tingling sensation.
How many treatments are needed?
This varies depending on your specific goals. Typically, 3-6 treatments are necessary to receive optimal results. Treatments are spaced 4 weeks apart.