The SkinPen is one of the first FDA approved microneedling devices on the market. Tried and true, the treatment creates controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, new collagen stimulation, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
To those who suffer from deep acne scarring, sun damage, melasma, fine lines, irregular skin tone and texture, there is hope.
PRP ADD ON
Known as “liquid gold”, PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a natural product from your own body that assists in the healing process and collagen stimulation. Results are enhanced that much more, and healing time is quicker when combining PRP with your microneedling treatment.
Are you a candidate?
There are some factors to consider making sure Microneedling is right for you.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Medical History
- History of keloid scarring
- No sun exposure longer than 30 minutes for 2 weeks prior to and after your treatment
- Must be off Accutane for a minimum of 6 months
- Avoid retinol/retin-A or glycolic acid one to two weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid any medications that may cause bleeding or bruising several days prior
- Must wait 2-4 weeks after any Botox/Dysport or Dermal Filler treatment
There is very little downtime. You will have some redness and a small amount of swelling immediately after the treatment. Redness may last anywhere from 4-7 days, but make-up can be applied after 24 hours of your treatment time. You may have some peeling after 3-4 days. This can vary patient to patient. Make sure to avoid any exfoliation or scrubs and avoid picking at any scabs. Maximum results are seen after 4 weeks.
Does this hurt?
We apply a topical numbing agent 30 minutes prior to the treatment. There is minimal discomfort during the treatment.
How many treatments are needed?
This varies depending on your specific goals. Typically, 3-6 treatments are necessary to receive optimal results. Treatments are spaced 4 weeks apart.